A recent query to the Exchange forums suggested that the documentation from Microsoft regarding Room Resource Policy with Delegates is not complete. Upon further review, I discovered the process is rather simple, but not intuitive nor well documented…
- Create the Resource (room mailbox, equipment mailbox).
- On Resource Policy Tab, select delegate, check “forward meeting requests to delegates”.
- On Resource General Tab, check the box for booking attendant.
- On the Resource In-Policy Requests Tab, check radio buttons:
- Selected Recipients (automatic approval), leave blank.
- All Users (subject to approval)
On the Resource Out-of-Policy Requests Tab, check “Selected recipients”. Leave blank
*Note: My goal was to have all meeting requests forwarded properly to the delegate(s) for approval, whether it’s in policy or out-of-policy. The above steps accomplish this however, if you desire to have only out-of-resource policy requests forwarded to a delegate AND all in-policy requests auto-accept, then use the Microsoft suggested defaults.